Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Home!

It's funny, but you never really appreciate what you have until it's gone...



And as cliche as that sounds, it's true!



I'm currently sitting at the computer in my parent's house *side note - wow this keyboard is awesome!*, waiting for tiredness to set in so I can go to sleep in order to prepare for the invasion tomorrow... and I think it would have been easier for one and all if I had stuck with "my friends are coming over"



Now don't get me wrong - this is not, in fact, a bad thing. I'm really looking forward to being able to introduce my friends to my family, it's just that there's an awful lot of them descending on my house.



And to my parents' credit they haven't batted an eyelid; Mum was actually preparing what to cook for dinner the moment I asked her if it was ok for seven people to eat at our place... only four are staying the night so I think she was cool with the compromise... hehe



This sort of thing doesn't happen often. I don't know if it's got something to do with the fact that I don't come home much because I have a crazily busy schedule or what, but they never give me the old "*sniff* you don't love us anymore..." guilt trip. Not once.



And the minute I decide to come home, I bring an army...



... or ask for money... because I am a poor uni student still dependent on her parents... *Sighs*



But they don't mind.



I think I take that for granted sometimes.



It's amazing to think that God would bless someone like me with such a wonderful family when there are so many more people out there who would deserve it much more than I do. It's funny but I never really realised how much I loved them (and I think present tense should have been used there but it didn't make sense... so pretend...) until I moved out. (Go the 11:00pm stress bucket sessions... heh)


*sniff* alright, now I'm homesick...


*sigh*

No comments: